This carbohydrate-rich snack is ideal for an energy boost during exercise. Did you know that you can replace butter in a cake recipe with apple purée? Apple purée is low in fat but rich in carbohydrates and also ensures that your cake looks good. You don’t even taste the apple in the cake because it has a surprisingly neutral flavour.
- 3 apples
- 150g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp unprocessed sugar
- 50g nuts and raisins
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Peel the two apples and cut into cubes
- Mix the apple cubes with the eggs and 2 tbsp of almond milk in a blender.
- Add the spelt flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Chop up the nuts and raisins and cut the remaining apple into small pieces so that they can be stirred into the mix
- Pour the mixture into a greased oven tin and bake in an oven for around 50 minutes at 175°C.
You can always add dried cranberries and raisins to the recipe!