In order to increase endurance, your body needs motivation. In order to find this motivation, you need to vary your training regime.
- As the basis of your training schedule, use the number of minutes that you can run without stopping.
- Work with heart rate zones. Train with a heart rate of about 70% of your maximum rate.
- Training becomes harder when the intensity, duration or both are increased
- Start by increasing the duration of the training session by increasing the number of minutes that you run/cycle… But only increase by 10%.
- Only increase the intensity of the training session at a later phase.
- Train at least 3 times per week
- After a few heavier sessions, make sure you have a recuperation session so that the body can adapt to its new regime. This is the principle of super-compensation.