For some walkers, the walking stick is vital. They can be particularly useful when walking in the mountains, or carrying a heavy rucksack on your back.
The advantages of an extra leg
Buy a decent walking stick and give yourself an extra boost when out walking. A walking stick;
o relieves the muscles in your ankles, knees and hips
o and offers extra balance,
o distributes the muscle strength across your arms and legs when climbing and
o helps keep you upright when walking on uneven or smooth roads.
Anatomy of a walking sock
The best walking sticks are made of light aluminium and are easy to assemble. On top, there is a comfortable, ergonomic handle which performs well in both hot and wet conditions. Also important:
- The hand loop: so you won’t lose your stick.
- The shaft: made out of a combination of aluminium and super-strong titanium.
- The Super Lock: this handy setting/blocking system can accommodate an upward force of up to 140 kg!
- The spacer: the spacer prevents the walking stick from sinking when it comes into contact with soft ground.
- The Soft Antishock: this sprung system absorbs vibrations.
- The Flex punt: this stylish hard metal point gives optimum grip and bends with you when you are stuck.
It is, of course, important that you use the walking stick correctly. It can also be used to defend yourself against wild animals.
Online webshop with a wide range of walking sticks. Comprehensive information with all of the walking sticks.