These carbohydrate-rich snacks use oats in the recipe. The oats are full of fibre but the quantity is not usually sufficient to cause stomach or intestinal issues. Nevertheless, test this recipe on a training day to be sure. Then you are sure that the cookies are suitable for a competition day.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 100g oatmeal
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mash the ripe bananas in a bowl with a fork
- Add the oatmeal, coconut and honey and mash it all together until you have a creamy mixture
- Use a measuring spoon to place balls of the ‘dough’ onto a baking tray covered in parchment paper.
- Press the circles with a wet spoon to flatten them slightly.
- Bake them for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven until the edges brown slightly. Be careful: the cookies can burn quickly so keep an eye on them!
You can keep the cookies for a few days in an airtight box.
These cookies are ideal for eating during exercise.