Use this training schedule when you want to start cycling. The schedule contains an ideal combination of cycling and resting. By cycling a little more each week, your body can get used to the new exercise regime. Start very slowly in order to avoid injuries.
- This schedule builds up to cycling 100km in 10 weeks.
- If the weather is bad, you can always replace training with spinning.
- = relax
- = 10 minutes resting
- = calm cycling
- Heart rate = around 65 – 70% of your maximum heart rate
- Gentle pedalling = around 90 rotations per minute
- = fast cycling
- Heart rate = around 75% of your maximum heart rate
- Fast pedalling = around 100 rotations per minute