Imagine being able to bike freely. Without having to worry about traffic lights, dangerous intersections, bollards or unexpected oncoming traffic. Well, now you can live the dream on the former F1 Circuit of Zolder. Open to cyclists every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening. What are you waiting for? Hop on that saddle and power on!
Racing around the chicanes
Swerve around the same bends on the circuit where some of the world’s best F1 drivers led the race? Yes, you can, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 6.15 p.m. until 9.30 p.m. The circuit lights only add to the special atmosphere after sunset.
Tickets cost €3 and are available at the entrance of the Evening Cycling/Avondfietsen event. Children under 10 are welcome on Roller Mondays (supervised by a companion on a city bike).
So why not pick a midweek evening to enjoy some circuit cycling in Limburg? You can easily get to the circuit from the E314 motorway. And don’t forget to take a fun snapshot for your social media!
Check this awesome drone video!
The 10 commandments of evening cycling at Circuit Zolder
1. Overtake on the left.
2. Make sure others can see you (lights, reflective cycling gear and apparel…).
3. Start your last round at 9.15 p.m.
4. Stick to the traffic rules, on and off the circuit.
5. Wear a helmet.
6. Don’t litter.
7. Drive clockwise, unless you have been instructed otherwise.
8. Check our Facebook page for updates.
9. Make sure you can hear others.
10. Remember, this is not a cycling race.
Ladies & Gentlemen, start your engines!