Staying fit during COVID-19 with Hans Van Alphen
At EY we strongly believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
Yeah we know, gyms and exercise venues have closed to help stem the spread of the coronavirus.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t work out! And who better to help us out, then our EY In Motion coach Hans Van Alphen?
Exclusively for EY, he made the EY@Home workouts, accessible to everyone. The only thing you need is motivation,
dedication and enthusiasm.
Training 1: Back & seating exercises
You don’t need an enhanced fitness equipment to stay in shape. Hans explains how to use your (home) office chair to train your back and core-stability.
- Shoulder mobility // 10x
- Stretch neck muscles // hold 15 seconds
- Rotation mobilisation back // hold 3 – 5 seconds
- Alternating leg lift from upright position // 30 seconds
- Dips (2 variations) // 10x
- Chair push ups // 10x
- Squat // 10x
Training 2: Involve your kid(s) in your workout
It’s a tough job to keep animating your kids in these times. Coach Hans gives you some moving tips to get started with your son/daughter! Go for it!
- Lunge backward // 10x
- Duo crunches // 10x
- High plank – Low plank // 10x (total)
- Side jumps (jump back to start position) // 10x
- Mobility – Touch low / Touch high // 10x
Training 3: Trunk & core stability
Hans is back with a few exercises and some variations to obtain a good core strength. Together we go for less injuries and less back troubles. Good luck EY!
- Reversed plank (variation: knee lift) // 30″
- Side plank (3 variations) // 30″
- Planking (2 variations) // 30″
- V-crunch // 15x
- Bridging // 30″
- Lunges // 30″
Training 4: Creative training tips @home
This week a special workout for the entire body @home. Our coach was clearly in a creative mood … Have fun, stay save but also stay active guys!
- Kitchen >> Abdominals // 30″
- Toilet >> Quadriceps // 15x
- Stairs >> Arms // 30″
- Living >> Back & hamstrings // 30″
- Garden >> Quadriceps & balance // 30″