Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 60 ml kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ Tbsp aged soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 200 g dried lo mein noodles
- 60 g cooked country ham
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 35 g diced white onion
- 45 g thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 30 g thinly shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 carrot (cut into thirds and sliced thin, lengthwise)
- ¼ bunch cilantro
- 2 scallions (white portion, very thinly sliced)
How to make it:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the kecap manis, oyster sauce, aged soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper.
3. Cook the lo mein noodles according to the package instructions and set them aside to cool.
4. Slice the ham as thinly as possible and tear it into bite-sized pieces.
5. Heat a dash of vegetable oil in a wok. Add the garlic, ginger, ham, onion and shiitake mushrooms and sauté until lightly brown.
6. Add the cooked noodles, cabbage, carrot and sauce to the pan. Toss frequently until the sauce is heated through and thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve with cilantro and scallions.